How do you participate in our Summer Reading Program?
- Sign up for the Summer Reading Program in the notebook binder at your branch
- Ask your librarian for a reading log to keep track of the books you read
- List the books you read or listen to on your reading log
- Collect a sticker for each book you read
- When you have read or listened to 10 books, you will win a paperback book of your choice and can use your completed reading log to get a free pass to the Burke Museum between July 1 and Dec. 31, 2009!
- Read 10 books by Monday, Aug. 3 and your name will be entered into a drawing for the city librarian’s popular Breakfast of Champions held at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel
In addition to the reading program, The Seattle Public Library will offer more than 750 FREE programs for children, teens, and adults this summer! Pick up a Summer Reading Program 2009 booklet to see what programs will be offered at your neighborhood branch!
The Northgate Library will host the following programs for children and families:
- Nancy Stewart presents “Bee-Boppin’ Bugs” on Wednesday, June 24 at 2:00 PM in the Northgate Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Jeff Evans presents his “Creative Conjuring Magic Show” on Wednesday, July 8 at 2:00 PM in the Northgate Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Elspeth Savani presents “Ponte el Ritmo” (Put Your Rhythm On!) on Tuesday, July 14 at 3:00 PM in the Northgate Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Gerardo Di Pietro presents American Sign Language Story Time on Thursday, July 30 at 10:30 AM in the Northgate Library Meeting Room
- Burke Circus on Tuesday, August 11 at 2:00 PM in the Northgate Community Center Multipurpose Room
- African Drumming Workshop on Wednesday, August 19 at 1:00 PM in the Northgate Community Center Multipurpose Room
We hope to see you soon at the Northgate Library!
Miss Chrissy Knoelke